Designated Safeguarding Lead Refresher (virtual learning)
£249.00 + VAT
Join Kate for this 1 day refresher course on the 21 September 2023
Fully updated to include 2023 updates to government guidance.
We will be using a virtual classroom. It will also be as interactive (if not more so) than being in an actual classroom together.
We’ll meet beforehand in our virtual learning space, where you can meet you other participants and get to know them ahead of the day. You can also talk to me, set your own learning objectives. You can start the learning process as soon as you join by watching the videos inside our learning platform. This will ensure you are ready and prepared to put your learning into practice on the day of our session.
14 in stock
The Live Virtual Training is on the 21 September 2023 9.30am – 4.30pm
This one day refresher will return to the key topics of the initial two day training. It is case study based and will provide updates to any legislation and guidance changes. This ensures all staff are fully compliant with the statutory requirements of working with children and young people.
This course is compliant with the statutory requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 and Working Together to Safeguard Children guidance.
Staff will cover and refresh themselves on how to:
- describe the role and main responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL)
- state their own values regarding child abuse and the impact these views can have on their professional practice
- awareness of the key legislation and guidance around child protection
- look at what steps their organisation needs to take to look after the children and young people it comes into contact with
- identify barriers that prevent children and staff from reporting abuse or concerns and how to overcome these
- respond effectively to a child who has reported abuse
- know what steps to take when concerns about a child have been raised by others
- know what is likely to happen following a referral to children’s social care
- what role you have in the multi-agency child protection process, including case conferences
- explain the issues connected to recording and sharing information, including confidentiality
- awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding children and
- identify ways in which a safeguarding lead can support staff
All delegates completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance
NB if you are booking on behalf of someone else, please email email@example.com with their details.
What others have said:
“…best safeguarding training I’ve had in 20 years of education!” – Jacqui
“Really informative course I really enjoyed the content Kate is lovely” – anon
“Thank you it has been a great training session! Hope we have you next time !” – Nikki
“review of legislation, opportunity to chat through case studies but the whole day has been very useful… thank you Kate!” – Mel