‘Beyond the Referral’ uses my almost 20 years legal experience and decade of experience working with local authorities and children and adult social care. During this 6 week programme we will explore, in-depth, the legal processes under the Children Act 1989 and Care Act 2014, learn from Serious Case reviews and bring to life the challenges and choices facing professionals as they work to protect the vulnerable.
The course will give professionals an in-depth understanding of the processes, assessments and decision-making taking place. Delegates will be confident to challenge decisions or seek escalation of cases where appropriate.
We will be covering:
- Module 1 – Legal Framework – Social Care processes and family court structure
- Module 2 – Decision Making – consideration of evidence and analysis thereof
- Module 3 – Pathways to harm / Early Help – understanding role and ways young people become known to professionals
- Module 4 – Child in Need / Child Protection Conference. – structure, processes and procedures
- Module 5 – Staff Supervision – role of supervision, when to seek support and advice
- Module 6 – Ongoing Responsibilities
The programme is delivered online. Delegates will be asked to join our learner platform a week ahead of the start of the programme to complete some pre-work. All the sessions will be accessed via our learner platform (GiraffePad) and recordings available after the live training session to watch again, if required.
Over the course of 6 weeks, delegates will receive:
- Weekly group sessions of 2 hours duration
- Pre recorded sessions to view and undertake the work prior to the group sessions
- Access to our learner platform to ask questions and share ideas and reflections with facilitator and other delegates
- A certificate of completion upon successful submission of all elements and full attendance at all live group sessions.
The cost of the course is £597.00 + VAT per delegate (discounts available for 10 or more delegates on the same programme).
We start on 8 March 2022
You’ll be guided by a child protection solicitor with over 15 years experience in the sector.
The programme will be a mix of pre – recorded sessions and live, virtual discussions to help you embed and hone your skills in this area.
By the end of the programme you will feel confident to manage any case which reaches threshold and be comfortable escalating and managing cases which do not. You will be confident and empowered to advocate for your young people with authority. Able to challenge process with credibility and knowledge.
Delegates will all receive a certificate of completion to demonstrate their knowledge in this area.
Course begins on the 8 March 2021. The number of delegates is limited to ensure everyone can engage. Live sessions will take place on Tuesday evenings. We will determine the time to best suit all delegates.
Any questions? Let chat – Book a time in my diary here: book my diary